Logo
  Rear Axle rebuild kits/shims Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

All Trac Wagon    General Boards    Drivetrain  ›  Rear Axle rebuild kits/shims
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Rear Axle rebuild kits/shims  This thread currently has 80 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
plaidward
June 20, 2017, 3:28pm Report to Moderator
Minimum Member
I've been trying to find someone that has these online. (haven't called all the parts stores in town yet).
Figured I would ask to see if someone's already done a rebuild on their axle and where they got the parts?
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message
4agze
June 21, 2017, 3:13am Report to Moderator

Arizona, usa
Administrator Group
Usually get them from rockauto.com. Best brands are TIMKEN 88506BR, or skf bith use the same part number. This is just for the axle bearings. Seals skf part number 550237. Do not that you should measure the bearing lock ring depth and this is the depth to install the axle seal.
If you are looking to rebuild the differential. You can get the bearings from rockauto. But the shims and crush sleave you will most likely need to order from toyota. The crush sleave you will need at first and just re-use the old shims tell you know what shims you need to order. Also you will need a spanner like this one http://www.lowrangeoffroad.com/spanner-tool-for-toyota-7-5-8-v6-and-landcruiser-tdi-st-yt-a04.html
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 1 - 3
plaidward
June 21, 2017, 2:10pm Report to Moderator
Minimum Member
OK, I was mostly looking for shims. I'll be doing several rear ends all at the same time to keep my knowledge fresh, so figured I might as well buy 3 kits all at once. buut, that works, I'll just label well and go to toyota for shims.

Hmmm seems expensive for a spanner, by the size of it, that part is probably forged in asia for $5 a piece.
Would this work? gives more options for usage...
https://www.amazon.com/OTC-661.....=toyota+axle+spanner

Was it you that got a gt-s rear end and swapped out the ring/pinion set? I remember seeing that somewhere, but can't find the thread... May have been another forum though.
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 2 - 3
plaidward
June 21, 2017, 2:11pm Report to Moderator
Minimum Member
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 3 - 3
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

All Trac Wagon    General Boards    Drivetrain  ›  Rear Axle rebuild kits/shims